Tuesday, January 18, 2011

History In Review

Tonight I was reading a favorite blog (buckscountyfolkart) and her subject was ATC's (Artist Trading Cards) and how much fun they are to make and trade.  I have to admit I didn't make or trade many cards in 2010 but I certainly had fun and met some fantastic artist friends in 2008 & 2009.  ATC's in their miniature form (2.5" x 3.5") are easier to make then larger art pieces, there's not a lot of space to fill so your main image is most likely your focal point.  I want to get back to having fun with art.  I want to stop worrying about the pieces I finish, do they look complete, maybe I should have done that different, will it sell in my shop.  I think I'll get started on some cards and have fun while working on them!!!

My favorite place to participate in card trades and swaps is Flickr.  Flickr is a great site to meet fellow artists, join groups, and in general find motivation and support.  In 2008 I had fun participating in a 1950's Retro Valentine Swap........the following ATC's are a few of the cards I made to trade.