Saturday, February 5, 2011

One World One Heart 2011


One World One Heart 2011 is a worldwide blog event allowing bloggers from around the world to meet and get to know each other.  This is the first time I've participated, I'm so excited, I can't wait to meet everyone.

Soooo Hello and Welcome to my Blog.  My name is Donna, I'm also known as Decorating4 on Flickr.  I'm a self taught mixed-media collage artist.  I like to repurpose items I've found in antique stores and flea markets and use them in my art (also to decorate my home).  I started making ATC's (Artist Trading Cards) and Shadow Boxes years ago then found myself moving towards smaller pieces like tins and old compacts.  I love using vintage jewelry in my pieces, I have quite a collection of bling!!!   I worked in the publishing business for many years and had access to great decorating magazines so my second love is decorating my home.  I have a mixture of family heirlooms, new furniture and many great finds from ebay and etsy.  I wouldn't be where I am today without the love and support of my wonderful husband and 2 great kids, thank you family!!!!!!

So on to the giveaway event:  The One World One Heart 2011 event runs from midnight January 30 thru February 17.  I will announce the three winners on February 18.  All you have to do is leave a comment on this post and a way for me to contact you. So simple, I can't wait for you to stop by.

Prize One: An altered rouge compact titled: "Winter Skates"




Prize Two:  4"x4" Hanging Collage titled "Home on the Range"





Prize Three:  An ATC card titled "On the Map" (perfect for this event!)



Remember to leave a comment and a link to your blog so I can visit.  Thanks for stopping by, it's been a pleasure to meet you!!!!!!  ♥♥♥